1) What are you reading right now? Six Wives The Queens of Henry VIII by David Starkey and As Above, So Below A Novel of Peter Bruege by Rudy Rucker
2) Longest book you’ve ever read: The unabridged Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. It was 1300+ pages of required reading hell.
3) Strangest title of a book that you’ve read: Half Asleep In Frog Pajamas by Tom Robbins (I am sure there are weirder ones than this but it popped into my head first.)
4) Stupidest ending of a book you’ve read: The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood
5) Which literary character have you related to the most? Claudia Hampton in Moon Tiger by Penelope Lively. She made choices that weren’t always understood by people in her life but did what she thought was right for her.
6) Do you prefer fiction or nonfiction? I read more fiction so I guess I prefer it but I like nonfiction a great deal.
7) Did you have a series of children’s/young adult books that you once enjoyed? The Little House series and I read most of the Anne of Green Gables series.
8) Can you enjoy reading the source book after seeing the screen adaptation? I prefer to read the books first but always find the source books better whether I read them before or after seeing the movie. One exception: The Godfather.
9) Have you ever read a novelization of a movie or TV show? No.
10) Book(s) that "turned you on" the most, erotically speaking: Maia by Richard Adams
11) Is there a real-life person that you’ve read more than one book about? Isak Dinesen, Anne Sexton, Queen Elizabeth I, Anne Boleyn, Mary, Queen of Scots, Marilyn Monroe, Katharine Hepburn (There are probably more but I can’t think of them right now.)
12) Book(s) that everyone’s read but you: books by David Sedaris
13) Favorite "classic" writer/novelist(s): Jane Austen, James Fenimore Cooper and Edith Wharton
14) Favorite contemporary novelist(s) (let's say 1950's on): Penelope Lively, Jane Smiley, John Irving, Barbara Kingsolver and Jasper Fforde
15) Favorite short story writer(s): I don’t read short stories. (I developed my dislike for them in high school.)
16) Favorite columnist/journalistic writer(s): Anna Quindlen
17) Favorite poet(s): Walt Whitman and Anne Sexton
18) Favorite guilty pleasure book or series: I love Celeste De Blasis and Rosamund Pilcher.
19) Favorite book(s) by written by a famous actor or musician: Me by Katharine Hepburn and By Myself by Lauren Bacall
20) Author whose work you once enjoyed but no longer do: Tom Robbins
Snagged from docbrite who also can't sleep.