Snagged from artemiswinter.
1. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone?
I would regret not telling my husband and family that I really think they are the most wonderful people I know.
2. If a new medicine were developed that would cure arthritis but cause a fatal reaction in 1 percent of those who took it, would you want it to be released to the public?
Yes. Don't a lot of drugs on the market now do this already?
3. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the body or the mind of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
Mind of a 30-year-old. I wish I had my 30-year-old mind at 40.
4. If at birth you could select the profession your child would eventually pursue, would you do so?
No desire to have children but if one were in my care I would want him or her to pursue what made them happy and fulfilled not what might be more lucrative or prestigious.
5. If you knew there would be a nuclear war in one week, what would do? (you can't stop it):
Go to San Francisco and have a fabulous time.
6. Would you accept twenty years of extraordinary happiness and fulfillment if it meant you had to die at the end of the period?
7. If the person you were engaged to marry had an accident and became a paraplegic, would you go through with the marriage or back out of it?
I believe I would go still marry the person because the physical nature of a person is not that important to me.
8. Someone very close to you is in pain, paralyzed, and will die in a month. They beg you to give them poison so they that they can die. Would you?
9. Given the choice of anyone in the world, who would you want as your dinner guest? as a close friend? as a lover?
Dinner guest: George Carlin
Close friend: Bill Clinton
Lover: My Husband - I know it seems corny but he's an excellent lover.
10. What is the worst psychological torture you can imagine suffering? (it cannot involve any physical harm to you)?
Not being able to read everyday.
11. You and a person you love deeply are placed in separate rooms with a button next to each of you. You know that you will both be killed unless one of you presses the button before 60 minutes pass; furthermore, the first to press the button will save the other person, but will immediately be killed. What do you think you would do?
I would press the button as soon as I could.
12. Would you be willing to go to a slaughterhouse and kill a cow?
Hell no. I am way too squeamish.
13. For $20,000 would you go for 3 months without washing, brushing your teeth, and using deodorant? Assume you could not explain your reasons to anyone, and there would be no long-term effect on your career. (you are not choosing one, you would have to go without all three).
No. This would be almost as torturous as not reading.
14. Which of these restrictions could you best tolerate: leaving the country permanently or never leaving the state in which you now live?
In the past I would have said leaving the country permanently but over the last two months I have come to appreciate my hometown and state in a completely new way so I would stay where I am.
15. If you could choose the sex and physical appearance of your soon-to-be-born child, would you do it?
16. Would you be willing to decrease your life expectancy by 5 years if you could become extremely attractive?
No. That five years could be very exciting and enriching.
17. If your friends and acquaintances were willing to bluntly tell you what they really think of you, would you want them to?
Ignorance is bliss.
18. Would it disturb you much if, upon your death, your body were simply thrown into the woods and left to rot?
Not at all.
19. Would you like to know the precise date of your death?
Again, ignorance is bliss.
20. Would you be willing to give up all television for the next 5 years if it would induce someone to provide for 1,000 starving children in Indonesia?
Yes as long as I could read I would be fine.